California State University (CSU):

Where to go to apply to CSU?

When does the application submission period begin for Fall 2017? October 1st, 2016

What is the deadline for Fall 2017 applications? November 30th, 2016

University of California (UC):

Where to go to apply to UC?

When does the application submission period begin for Fall 2017? November 1st, 2016 (however, you can start filling out the application now!)

What is the deadline for Fall 2017 applications? November 30th, 2016

More on 4-Year Colleges…

Private Colleges/Universities in California:

Out-Of-State Colleges Participating in Western Undergraduate Exchange:

Common Application:

Historically Black Colleges (HBC):



What are the four Los Rios colleges? American River College (ARC), Cosumnes River College (CRC), Folsom Lake College, and Sacramento City College.

Which college do I apply to? Review information about specific academic programs in each of the colleges when deciding which college to apply to.

Where to go to apply to a local community college?

When does the application submission period begin for Fall 2017? February 1st, 2017


Los Rios Steps to Success:

Step 1 - Apply

Complete your application online. Fill out and submit your application starting February 1st (for summer/fall terms) or starting September 10th (for spring term). You will then receive a "welcome" email that includes your personalized student ID number, which you will need in order to access all of our services.

Step 2 - Complete Orientation

Orientation is offered in an online format. Complete the online orientation and quizzes the day after you receive your student ID number.

Step 3 - Complete Assessment Testing

Assessment of your skills in mathematics and English will help you succeed in college by placing you in classes appropriate to your skill level. ESL (English as a Second Language) students are also required to take the ESL assessment. There is no fee for these assessments. Remember: You can only assess twice, therefore studying is imperative to get the best placement. If you are unhappy with your results a 30 day wait period must be observed before you can test again. A valid photo ID (school or government issued) and your Los Rios student ID number are required for assessment. Check your college for assessment dates/times.

Step 4 - Create an Education Plan

Choose your first-semester classes.

Step 5 - Register for Classes

Register for your classes online through eServices.


More on Community Colleges

Explore other community colleges in California:

Find information about transferring to a 4- year college:



Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA):

What Is FAFSA? It is the form that families fill out to apply for federal grants, loans, and work-study funds for college students.

Who should apply for a FAFSA? If you are a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen, you should file the FAFSA.

Where do I go to complete the FAFSA?

When does the application submission period begin? October 1st, 2016

What is the deadline for applications? March 2nd, 2017

What FAFSA year should I select? 2017-2018

From what year will income and tax information be used? 2015

California Dream Act Application:

If I am not a citizen, a permanent residence, or eligible non-citizen, should I complete FAFSA? If you are not a citizen, but attended a California high school for at least three years or graduated early from a California high school with the equivalent of at least three years of credits and attended three years of elementary and secondary school, graduated from a California high school or the equivalent, and are or will be attending an accredited California college or university, you should file the California Dream Act Application.

Where do I go to complete a California Dream Act Application?

Cal Grant:

How do I apply for a Cal Grant? Complete and submit the FAFSA or the California Dream Act Application.

Do I need to submit a Certificated Grade Point Average? Public high schools are mandated in legislation to automatically submit their current senior year students’ certified GPAs, unless the parent or student has opted out.

Where can I go to monitor my Cal Grant?

More on Aid Available…

Where do I go to find more information about federal aid?

Where do I go to find more information California aid?



Please visit the Career Center School Loop page for more information about financial aid, college, apprenticeship, military, and more.



If you did not attend our 2017 Cash for College Workshop or still have questions/concerns about your FAFSA, please see flyer below for more information about Winter Cash for College Workshops. 

CFC Flyer Winter 2017.pdf



Whether you are applying to a 4-year college, the military, or somewhere in between, there may be testing that is required. Please visit Career Center Testing to learn more about the different types of tests (PSAT, SAT, ACT, ASVAB, etc.), which one(s) you need to take, and when/where they are offered.



Post Secondary Guide


UC/CSU Map of Campuses



Los Rios Map of Campuses


California Community Colleges Accepting Early Assessment Program (EAP) Results



Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.