School Site Council
Duties of the School Site Council
The School Site Council of Monterey Trail High School, hereinafter referred to as the Council, shall carry out the following duties:
- Obtain recommendations for, and review of the proposed Single Plan for Student Achievement (LCAP) from all school advisory committees.
- Develop and approve the plan and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Recommend the plan and expenditures to the governing board for approval.
- Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the plan with the principal, teachers and other school staff members.
- Make modifications to the plan whenever the need arises.
- Submit the modified plan for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures.
- Annually evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students.
- Carry out all other duties assigned to the council by the district governing board and by state law.
The council shall be composed of 10 members, selected by their peers, as follows:
- 3 Classroom teachers
- 1 Other school staff member
- 2 or 3 Parents and community members
- 2 or 3 Students
- The school principal shall be an ex officio member of the council.
Council members chosen to represent parents may be employees of the school district so long as they are not employed at this school.
Election Process and Timeline
The election process will follow the procedures below when there is a vacant position:
- Annually, students who are voted in by their peers in the schoolwide ASB election for the following positions will be the student representatives on the council: ASB president, ASB Vice President, and ASB Treasurer.
For all other positions:
- Vacancies for will be posted in emails to families in the newsletter and in email to families and staff at MTHS at the start of the school year
- Candidates can be nominated or declare their own nomination each year digitally or turned in the front office before Back to School Night in August
- Election for School Site Council members will be held digitally and during Back to School Night each year.
- Candidates will be notified of election results by the end of the following week
- Our School
- General Info
- District Resources